Senior Front End Developer
A chance to work for an international non-governmental organization that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in over 120 developing countries. This organisation is embarking on a significant business change programme, which will involve replacing the current website and associated technologies and processes with a single system (Adobe). The Front end engineer will be a significant role within this programme in supporting this change and providing technologies which empower and fulfill its mission efficiently and cost effectively.
- To build shippable software following Engineering standards in place.
- Develop, build and maintain all aspects of the Adobe AEM platform front end code.
- Help to maintain the high standard of the code by following TDD and BDD
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and methodologies to ensure the organisation stays ahead of the game.
- Ensure a globally robust and highly scalable approach to development in order to support a growing number of global users and services.
- Working with other developers across the entire technology real estate.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Commercial experience of JS MVC/MVVM frameworks e.g. backbone
- Commercial experience in both CSS3 and SCSS
- An understanding of all Adobe AEM building blocks, including templates,
- components, dialogs, widgets, etc.
- Experience with cross browser/device development.
- Understanding of code performance and how this can affect a websites overall
- Experience using source control systems e.g. GIT, SVN
- Experience of responsive development and progressive enhancement.
- Experience in other Amazon services.
- Test automation experience.
- Experience developing using other languages e.g. PHP, Ruby, JAVA
This is a rare opportunity to work in a really fun and progressive environment as well as using your skills and experience to help make a real, positive impact on the lives of many children.