As a Software Testing Specialist within the Digital team you will focus primarily on software testing of high integrity software.
You will be central to ensuring the ongoing successful development of the company's high profile and business critical website, mobile and business application developments.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking software testing against requirement specifications, use cases and user stories, as new software features are developed
- Development of unit tests and test scripts from use cases, user stories and other sources
- Assisting the team in undertaking testing both during development sprints and in the lead up to product releases
- Interacting with business analystsproduct owners and other customer representatives, to assess if acceptance criteria have been met
- Assist with bug/defect tracking, debugging and fixing where appropriate
- Highly organised, systematic and adaptable with an excellent attention to detail, with the ability to recognise the relative importance of software issues and to prioritise work effectively
- Ability to work with all members of a software project development team and customers, in a professional and yet dynamic and creative environment, fostering an open, friendly and constructive working relationship with all members of the team.
- Experienced with Unit and Automated testing, written in C# with tools such as xUnit.
- Experienced C# Software Engineering skills.
- Collaborating with the other development team members to set up and run automated tests using Selenium.
- Continuous deployment testing integration using TeamCity.
- Supporting external test partners in carrying out specialist testing activities, such as loadperformance testing.
- Experience in writing manual testing scripts from user stories.
- Desirable experience with SpecFlow.
In order to be considered for the position, candidates should also possess:
- Active interest in web application development
- Interest in product testing
- Ability to derive test scenarios from user stories and use cases
- Ability work closely with Developers and Product Owners to ensure features/bug fixes are 'shippable’ by sprint end
- Contribute to sprint planning, sprint review/retrospectives and daily stand-ups meetings
- Assist with product specification and functional analysis
- Experience of manually testing and snagging websites/web-software
- A basic understanding of web technologies (such as .NET, HTML etc.)
This is a fixed term contract of 6 months. The salary level considered for the role is £45K - £50K pro rata.