We are recruiting a precise & thorough Proof Reader to join our client, a stunning progressive and exciting full-service Healthcare Communications Agency in Central London. They operate locally and across the globe on award-winning and powerful campaigns!
They are looking to hire a bold & brilliant Proof Reader, who can quickly quality check all types of documents, including: manuscripts, websites, iPad screens, printed design layouts, conference panels, monographs and much more. You will approve each piece of work and clearly mark up amendments and changes. We are looking for someone who has experience in/or is willing to learn the principles behind pharmaceutical marketing.
- Correcting spelling mistakes and grammatical errors
- Sub-editing text written by a number of authors to ensure consistent house style
- Learning and adhering to specific client requests, such as the spelling of a word in US English or product names, etc.
- Working with IT-based publishing systems (such as PROOF HQ) and databases, as well as via the internet
- Liaising regularly with authors and project managers by phone and email
- Discussing and resolving queries directly with the author
- Coding/marking-up manuscripts for design features, such as hierarchy of headings, to instruct the production team
- Ensuring that illustrations are correctly captioned and referred to in the text
- Producing or working to a style checklist to ensure consistency in hyphenation, capitalisation, formatting of references, etc.
- Working collaboratively with and overseeing the accuracy of work produced by Artworkers and Designers
- Ensuring that you work within budget and to schedule
- Checking work makes sense, that the story flow is logical and understandable and that no content is missing
- Checking consistency of numbering, annotations etc.
The company are currently going through an exciting period of growth! If you would like to apply for this exciting permanent job, please send through your CV and details to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.